Job Title:- Medical Underwriter
Compensation:- Attractive remuneration package
commensurate with experience
Position Type:- Permanent
Employment type:- Full time
No of Opening :- 8
Our client specialise in providing international health insurance for
employees, individuals and their dependants, wherever they are in
the world are currently seeking a Technical Specialist to join their team.
* Provide individual development and coaching of junior underwriters.
* Plan work schedules and priortise workload to meet client SLA’s and
deadlines set by the manager.
* Evaluate new business applications and ensure that underwriting
decisions and amendments are processed within agreed time frames.
* Provide underwriting opinions and responses by telephone and email
within tight turnaround times and maintain quality of service at all times.
* Collate productivity stats and update weekly reports for management.
* Work with the manager to develop underwriting efficiencies and
maintain a robust quality checking process for the department.
* Attend company and departmental meetings on behalf of the
Underwriting department and work with Sales and Client relations
to drive new business growth.
* The ability to continually monitor and review processes and
procedures, including systems processes, and recommend the
necessary enhancements when required.
* The ability to make sound underwriting decisions in line with the
underwriting guidelines and make commercial decisions when
* Refer complex medical cases to the CMO and work with the
company doctor to implement new underwriting guidelines
* Provide support to Claims and Legal department on non-disclosure
policies and offer retrospective underwriting decisions.
* Liaise with other departments, brokers, Relationship and Regional
Sales Managers on a regular basis and provide underwriting support to
* Deal with escalated queries and complaints promptly and effectively,
and ensure that the manager is kept updated at all times.
* Take part in projects when required, review documentation were
applicable, research information relating to your area and provide
* Experiences required
* Keyboard skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word),
Lotus Notes and other standard software
* Minimum of 4 years experience in an Medical Underwriting role
(Life/CI/Health insurance) working in a customer and quality focused
environment, producing accurate work within team turnaround times.
* Experience in people management a distinct advantage
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com