Job Title:- Vice President, National Accounts Business
Company:- TOP International Investment Company
Position Type:- Permanent
Employment type:- Full time
The National Accounts Business Development Manager ("NABDM")
serves as a member of the National Accounts leadership team.
The NABDM is responsible for driving the strategic needs of our
clients internal National Accounts group forward as they establish,
maintain and leverage key relationships at sponsor firms, as well
as partner closely within our clients distribution partners (Sales,
Marketing and Product) to maximize success in shelf-space
procurement and rationalize distribution channels through
analysis and valuation.
The NABDM role will reside in Chicago, reporting to the Head of
National Accounts, and manage a team of individuals across both the
Wirehouse and IBD channels within National Accounts. This individual
is responsible for supporting the business planning initiatives of the
team while maintaining internal strong relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are generally representative of the nature
and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
* Oversee and lead the Business Development and Investment
Analytical teams on development and execution of business plans
relating to product placement and visibility, including identifying
and facilitating product placement and select list opportunities.
* Serve as a key advisor within the National Accounts team and
maintain a deep understanding and knowledge of our clients
strategies in order to identify sponsor initiatives for the team,
as well as align closely on home office initiatives e.g., marketing
campaigns, sales connectivity, conference planning, etc.
* Ability to interpret complex data and disseminate firm intelligence
to home office and wholesalers in order to further develop and
strengthen our clients footprint at the sponsor firms.
* Ability to take ownership of the departmental budget and forecast,
as well as generate monthly/quarterly CRM reports, pipeline analysis
and ad hoc reporting projects as necessary.
* Maintain master conference schedule, as well as due diligence
calendars, and coordinate with Our client affiliate investment
teams and sponsor firm analysts as appropriate.
* Maintain, organize and archive all firm specific literature (profiles,
performance reports, brochures, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree required; MBA highly preferred.
* 7 plus of applicable work experience within an investment or
mutual fund environment.
* Strong managerial/leadership experience with the ability to provide
strategic direction both internally within a group setting as well as forge
strong relationships with internal client facing business groups.
* Must have in-depth knowledge of retail mutual fund products;
financial markets and competitive landscape; product performance
and investment management philosophy, manager search and selection;
knowledge of the separate account marketplace is a major plus.
* Professional approach to work with service orientation including strong
verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work in collaborative,
* Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete
information and under tight deadlines and pressure; innovative thinker
and creative problem solver.
* Strong mediation skills to facilitate a constructive approach to dealing
* Effectively adapts to change; comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
* Self-starter with robust reasoning and logic skills.
* Strong MS Office applications.
* Series 7 required (if expired: within three months of employment).
* Series 63 and 65 are required within six months of employment.
Please send your cv to